BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

June 20, 2010

Stuck In the Middle

I think I am going through a mid-life crisis!   Wow, did I actually admit that?

In a society where women are being overwhelmed with commercials and other various advertisements…reminding us to win the war on anti-aging! When did getting older become this full on battle? Perhaps the same time the word “older” was banished from the beauty and fashion industry.

Some marketing executive –decides that as women we need to bring back that “rosy glow to our skin” that we had as a child…and suddenly we are stocking up one every new facial cream, lotion or serum that promises overnight results.

I love my age…LOL, I earned my age through years of laughter, blended with a few tears along the way. Every phase of life has something that is uniquely special and fabulous to offer. It is our own perspective on how we deal with it.  My decisions and choices should ask two questions. Does it follow the Sunnah? And how will it benefit me in my faith?

Some of you may know about my love/hate relationship when it comes to face book.  For the life of me,  I don’t understand the fascination. Well that being said, last week I opened an account. My primary reason was to read information posted by some people I follow on twitter.  Long story short, I closed the account the next morning. It just wasn’t for me.  Being a part of every social network in existence is not on my agenda.

There are things I did in my 20’s and 30’s that hold no interest for me today.   Regardless of our age, it doesn’t mean we should stop challenging ourselves, or making new discoveries.  Life is about evolving and becoming a better you.

But on the road to discovery---make sure that we are in the drivers’ seat and the direction we have chosen is ours. Insha’Allah there will be many new adventures on my horizon.   I will keep you posted about the good, the bad and even the mid-life! [Wink]

4 comments:

ishqia said...

salam sis

True, something that might interest us in some part of our life do not interest us at other times, our thoughts,beliefs,likes,dislikes everything goes through changes, we are what we are today, often when we read some old diary pages of our life which we might have recorded b4, we feel how silly we were or how far we have moved ahead,

u have experienced some beautiful phases of life and u will experience many more inshallah.

Enjoy ur mid-life:)

hijabandroses said...

wa Alaikum as'salam ukhtee

Always appreciate your comments. The diary days, looking back were so dramatic! LOL, glad that phase is behind me insha'Allah.

Jazak Allah Khairan and thanks :)

ns8t said...

Laughing about your facebook experience. my facebook lasted a couple of hours. i think it is still there because i didnt know how to delete it. i spent five hours this weekend trying to make a blog and all i got was headache, so i deleted it. Well, i am not a computor literate. my email works for me.

hijabandroses said...

LOL, aww I understand the headache completely! Don't give up on the blog idea just yet. Hey it took me over a year to figure out how to insert a picture along with my post.

Electronic Mail will always rule!!