BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

September 13, 2009

From my heart

As'salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh and Peace to all.

Recently I read a post about being prepared for one's funeral and Janaza, (Islamic prayer before the burial) what struck me was the viewing of the Janaza kit itself.  There it was...a few pieces of snow white cloth, the shroud and a few other personal items required.

Sitting here viewing what one day, Al7amdulillah will be used for me.  Now before you think to yourself "How morbid is she?" As Muslims this is where our sacrifice and daily submission will lead us.  The time for which we will be returned to Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) is only known by Him.  Each prayer we recite "...keep me steadfast when dying." Oh how beautiful and powerful are those words!  Because, even until the last second before we draw our last breath...Shaytan is whispering for us to doubt, fear and hopefully forsake our religion.  May we all be protected from the whispers, Ameen.

Shurkan (thank you) for my sisters in Islam who will prepare my body for my final rest.  Shukran, for treating my body with the respect and dignity...as I try to maintain in life.  For those who will pray for me the Janaza prayer, Jazak Allah Khairam. and shukran for those who will lift me gently for my last symbolic walk on this earth...and then lay me on my side for my rest.

As you leave my graveside...your footsteps will be heard.  Subhan Allah may I be greeted with Salams from the angels and smell the gardens of Jannah al Firdous...may my grave be wide and filled with light and my good deeds. Ameen.

Shukran and Jazak Allah Khairam to my sisters who will take care of me on my last day.

From my heart....notes from Nazeeya

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As-salaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatu Allahi wa Barakatuh,

We think alike ya ukhti...I've been thinking a lot about the grave...answering the questions, and by Allah's Grace smelling the sweet smells of Jannah.

Alhamdulillah. May we all be guided upon the Straight Path and may Allah Subhna wa ta'ala make it easy for us.

As-salaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatu Allahi wa Barakatuh